Aircraft For Sale
Aircraft Part Manufacturers
Aircraft Part Distributors
Air Safety & Disasters
Aviation Classified Ads
Aviation Message Board
Craigslist Aircraft Part Search
Pilot Supply Manufacturers
Link to UAL
Tell A Friend
Submit A Link
Ultimate Aviation Links - Flight Attendants
10 Reasons to be a Flight Attendant
by Stephanie Shaw
Every day, aspring flight attendants ask me to describe some of the benefits of a flight
attendant career. I've outlined below what I think are ten of the most
appealing aspects of the profession.
- Enjoy a great deal of time off (13 to 17 days off per month; roughly 6 months off
- Get free or reduced-cost travel benefits for yourself and immediate family, covering air travel,
lodging, car-rentals, and cruises.
- Get a lucrative benefits package, often including health and life insurance, credit
union membership, employee stock options, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
- Enjoy unmatched variety - Forget the predictability of 9 to 5 cube life!
- Enjoy maximum scheduling flexibility - You're not limited to weekends off like the rest of the
- Meet new people, including many celebrities.
- See the world.
- Feel more independent.
- Feel more responsible.
- Feel a sense of pride and accomplishment (especially when you help an unaccompanied
minor or handicapped passenger safely reach their destination).
Stephanie Shaw is a flight attendant with over 23 years experience with a major airline
and a staff writer for AirlineCareer.com.
more information on a flight attendant career, visit AirlineCareer.com.
Flight Attendant Careers - FREE online prequalification test
FREE Insider Report on Flight Attendant Interviewing
Take the Airport Codes Challenge!